Featured Post

Thursday, July 19, 2018

Uncle John was an important part of my life, he passed away this week

My uncle John Hricko passed away this week after being in a coma for several months.  He had a heart attack in early March and went into a coma then.

John was married to my mother's sister, Heidi.  I believe they married in the early 1970's.

1970s Falfurrias


May 2017 visit
Last year, Randy and I were lucky enough to make a trip to see uncle John and aunt Heidi in May 2017 for a weekend visit.  They lived in California, so it was a several-hop trip for both of us.  It had been many, many years since Randy or I had seen John and Heidi. We were lucky to get our schedules to work at the time, and now I'm so grateful that we did get to see them then.

Several from A&M Singing Cadet concert and at the trailer
Looking back today I think of the many times our families made trips to see each other.  Of course, my mom, Ingrid, was Heidi's sister.  So, the two were together whenever possible.   I have photos, and memories, of Heidi and John from when we lived in Falfurrias. Way back at the beginning, Heidi helped raise me in 1959 after immigrating from Germany.  After Heidi married John, they came to visit us when we lived on Flack street in Fal around 1970 and later after 1977 when I was in college at A&M.

one of the 1980s visits in Victoria Texas

Uncle John was the kind of guy that was always there if you needed help or if you needed to talk,  and he had that booming voice that was so assuring.

May 2017 visit

It's hard now thinking back to the special family times we've all had together because one more of us is gone.  John, we love you more than ever and will never forget who you've been for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment