Featured Post

Friday, June 29, 2018

Blogger: one great feature, email the blog to publish a post

Blogger, owned by Google, is the blogging platform we use for this blog. One reason we chose it is that blogger is very simple and easy to modify. There is just one configuration page to work with.

One of my favorite options, and this may not be unique to blogger, is being able to publish a blog post by sending an email to the blog. That's how I'm creating this post.

Each blog has a unique email address only known by the administrators.  The email feature under settings allows you to immediately publish the post from a new email it receives or save emails as drafts. Both have worked for me.

So if we're traveling, for example, and can't get to a laptop easily to post to the blog, we can send email to the blog and have them immediately published or have them wait for review and tweeking later.

Another use of the email feature, also known as mail2post, is that you can give that email address out to those folk you would like to contribute to your blog. And you can always rework or delete blog posts after they're published when needed.

I'm still testing this feature so let's test an in-line photo. Here's a friend I ran into on my bike ride to work today.





And publish... Let me know if it works ;)

Bert

No comments:

Post a Comment